MON-SAT: 11-7 | SUN: 11-5 | 888-686-7872
The SJ is our version of what is commonly called a small Jumbo. Although the 16 inch lower bout is slightly wider than a dreadnought, and the sides almost as deep, the tight curve at the waist creates in a very different sound chamber. SJs, especially examples in maple, typically have a more pronounced midrange response when compared to a dreadnought, making them ideal candidates for a rounded cutaway. Players looking for the bass and overall volume of a large guitar, but with lots of treble clarity and midrange crunch, often find just what they need in the curvaceous SJ.
• Select sitka spruce top
• Full body sunburst
• European maple back and sides
• Cross-cut grained ivoroid and wood nitrate rosette
• Grained ivoroid top/back/neck/peghead binding
• Ebony veneer
• Black/white wood purfling
• Maple backstrip
• Pre-war scalloped bracing
• Tortoise-style celluloid pickguard
• High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
• Maple neck
• Double bound "Haircut" headstock
• 15 degree headstock angle
• Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
• Ebony fingerboard with ebony SJ-style bridge
• Mortise and tenon hybrid neck joint
• 20 Frets, neck joins the body at the 14th fret
• Medium-Fat "C" neck profile and 2 3/16" string spacing
• 14"-26" Compound fingerboard radius
• 1 11/16" Bone nut and drop-in saddle
• 25 1/2" Scale length
• Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
• SJ fingerboard and peghead inlays
• Fully adjustable truss rod
• Ebony bridge pins and end pin
• Gold Waverly (4060) Tuners
• String guage .013"-.056"
• Collings deluxe hardshell case by TKL
• 4lbs 7oz
From Taylor: Beautifully crafted in Sapele/ Mahogany, this stand features a laser-etched Taylor logo, a rich satin finish, and rubber pads to protect your guitar’s finish
The Martin is considered the finest acoustic guitar in the world, a distinction it has held for more that 160 years. Martin guitars have been played by performers Eric Clapton,...
Aluminum Bronze Acoustic Strings feature more projection and clarity than traditional bronze strings, while also providing improved corrosion resistance. Aluminum Bronze Acoustic Strings are made with Ernie Ball Maraging Steel...
Wear Our Brand Try our American Apparel crewneck and you'll be feeling snug, comfy, and stylish.
Subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest gear news and updates.
© 2016 Chicago Music Exchange. All Rights Reserved. 3316 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 525-7773.