Jimmy Page Amp, Guitars, and Vibe—Oh My!
First things first, Jimmy page got on the same wavelength with producer and engineer Perry Margouleff, along with expert amp builder Mitch Colby to launch the Sundragon. This amp is a brand-new amp created with one purpose: to capture the tone used on the groudbreaking sounds of Led Zeppelin I and other well-loved recordings of the era. The Sundragon will be available in a first, hand-wired run of just 50 amps.
The first run of 50 will all be hand built, hand wired, and signed by Jimmy himself—having a release throughout 2019. After that a standard production run will be put out so everyone can get their hands on some signature Zep-tone.
But Wait! There's Guitars!
Fender's got 4 Artist Signature models on the way for 2019 to recreate the magic of 4 eras of the Jimmy Page Telecaster. This solid rocker for Jimmy was stripped, painted, adorned with mirrors, and yes, this was the guitar he notably used on "Stairway to Heaven."
Fender's Jimmy Page Telecaster models will be represented by two Custom Shop guitars and two standard production models:
- The Jimmy Page Dragon Telecaster, one of two Custom Shop models, will be available in March for $25,000.
- The Jimmy Page Mirrored Telecaster, which completes what Fender is calling the "Limited Edition Jimmy Page Telecaster Set," will also be available in March for $25,000.
- The Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster, as a standard production run, will be available in Spring 2019, for a much more affordable $2,499.99. Unlike the mirror-adorned Custom Shop model, the standard Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster has only a White Blonde lacquer finish.
- The Jimmy Page Telecaster reproduces Page's iconic artwork, while giving the guitar vintage-appropriate features like a custom "Oval C"-shaped neck that matches the original Tele's neck profile and a 7.25" fretboard radius. It's also the cheapest of the models, at $1,399.99, and will be available Summer 2019.
Custom Shop Jimmy Page Dragon Telecaster
Custom Shop Jimmy Page Mirrored Telecaster
Specifications for both the Jimmy Page Dragon Telecaster and Jimmy Page Mirrored Telecaster:
- Off-center-seam two-piece ash body
- Period-accurate White Blonde lacquer finish with eight circular mirrors OR Dragon design hand-painted by Paul Waller and Page himself
- Trio of Fender Custom Shop Hand-Wound ‘58 single-coil pickups, routed through modern Tele® wiring and a 3-position pickup switch
- Tinted maple neck’s “Oval C” profile is comfortable for almost any playing style, and precisely matches the profile of Page’s original instrument
- 7.25”-radius rosewood fingerboard matches the specs of the era, right down to the 21 vintage-sized frets
- Custom 8-hole clear pickguard
- ‘59 Esquire® bridge
- Vintage-style tuning machines
- Bone nut and wing string tree with metal spacer
- The Jimmy Page Mirrored Telecaster® features a hand signed signature and the Jimmy Page Dragon® Telecaster® is partially hand-painted by Jimmy Page
- Includes a Custom ‘Anvil’ Flightcase, red coiled cable, violin bow, rosin, Herco® guitar picks and Certificate of Authenticity (Dragon) OR vintage-style tweed hardshell case, black coiled cable, Ace “Stained Glass” strap, Herco® guitar picks and Certificate of Authenticity (Mirror)
Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster
Specifications for Jimmy Page Mirror Telecaster:
- Two-piece ash body
- Lacquer finish for full-bodied tone
- Pair of Jimmy Page Custom ‘59 Tele® single-coil pickups
- Custom “Oval C”-shaped maple neck, 7.25”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets for smooth playing feel
- “Top-loader” bridge for through-body or top-load stringing for warmer tone and reduced tension so strings bend more easily
- Bone nut; vintage-style round string tree
- Pure Vintage LC “S” Line”Fender Deluxe” tuning machines for authentic style and performance
- Jimmy Page signature (not hand-written) on the headstock and on the custom chrome neck plate
- Vintage tweed case with eight round mirrors
- Black coiled cable, vintage-style “stained glass” strap and a custom Certificate of Authenticity
Jimmy Page Telecaster
Specifications for the Jimmy Page Telecaster:
- Satin lacquer finish over a reproduction of Jimmy Page’s iconic artwork
- Two-piece ash ‘50s Tele body
- Custom “Oval C”-shaped maple neck, duplicating the exact neck profile from Page’s Telecaster
- Road Worn® lacquer finish on the neck
- Period-correct 7.25”-radius slab rosewood fingerboard
- Two custom-wound Jimmy Page Telecaster single coil pickups
- “Top loader” bridge with threaded steel saddles; String top load-style for a rounder sound with easier bending (like Jimmy Page) or traditional through-body for classic Fender twang.
- Vintage-style tuners offer classic style and rock-solid tuning stability
- Includes vintage-style black hardshell case