Item is subject to minor cosmetic imperfections. Packaging may be in poor shape.
From Jackson Audio:
The Bloom from Jackson Audio is a comprehensive dynamic engine that is designed to give guitarists maximum dynamic tonal control in ways never before possible.
A three-fold device, the Bloom manipulates the dynamics of the instrument by way of precisely tuned compression, equalization, boost and sustain circuits which can be activated separately or in tandem with each other.
The Compression circuit is based on an optical limiting circuit that is very similar in operation to an LA-2A optical compressor. Designed to be completely flat and transparent, the compression section of the Bloom ranges from subtle sweetening of the tone to full on chicken pickin' with all the pop and snap that players are looking for!
COMPRESSION CIRCUIT FEATURES:
- Transparent Optical (LA-2A style) limiting circuit with huge dynamic range.
- Blend control that allows the player to blend in their clean (uncompressed) tone with their compressed tone.
- Four instant access presets for Attack and Release settings (programmable)
- Side Chain jack/loop that allows an external source (click track etc) to trigger compression. Side Chain loop can also be used with an external effect (an EQ for example) to tailor the response of the compression.
The EQ circuit features a studio grade EQ that gives tremendous tonal flexibility to the BLOOM. Based on the legendary Baxandall EQ that is featured in countless studio EQ's, the Bloom EQ takes this circuit and tailors it for guitarists! We spent tons of time on this EQ dialing it in so it would hit all the frequencies that guitarists need to adjust, and then sweetened it by removing the ear fatiguing highs and lows that can appear at extreme settings.
EQ CIRCUIT FEATURES:
- Studio grade EQ with High Bandwidth and Flat Response at 12:00
- +/- 12dB Boost/Cut per control
- Center Detents on the pots that make it easier to get back to a neutral or flat response.
The Bloom circuit is by far the most exciting part of the Bloom! Designed as both a level booster and sustainer, the Bloom can work as a set boost by quickly pressing and releasing the Bloom footswitch, or by pressing and holding the Bloom footswitch, the Bloom circuit will slowly ramp up the level to the level set by the boost. This ramp up time, which is programmable, can be used to increase sustain on held notes or to match the dynamics in a song. Once the ramp up is complete, pressing and holding the Bloom footswitch again will fade the level back down to unity.
BLOOM CIRCUIT FEATURES:
- 0-20dB Boost Available (quick press on Bloom footswitch)
- 0-20dB Bloom Available (long press on Bloom footswitch)
- True Boost Circuit. Fully counter clockwise position is unity level.
- Totally flat EQ down to sub audio frequencies.
- Programmable Ramp Up/Down Time.
EXTRA BLOOM FEATURES:
- Programmable True Bypass or Buffered Bypass
- Programmable Boot-Up State (which effect(s) are active at boot-up)
- Programmable LED Brightness
2" x 4.75" x 2 .75"Please Note: The item displayed in the images may not be the actual item you receive.