MON-SAT: 11-7 | SUN: 11-5 | 888-686-7872
We at Chicago Music Exchange are thrilled to offer the new MiniMoog Model D! Not produced since 1981, the Model D was the first portable synthesizer to bring the sounds of Moog's modular synthesizers to the stage.
Over the last 40 years, some of the world’s most influential artists like Trent Reznor, Gary Numan, Dr. Dre, Keith Emerson and Herbie Hancock have shaped their unique sounds and forged new musical genres using the Minimoog Model D. This valuable sonic tool is now made available to veteran synthesists and the next generation of electronic pioneers.
Each newly built Minimoog Model D is lovingly handcrafted by the employee-owners at the Moog Factory in Asheville, NC. This 3-oscillator, monophonic, analog synthesizer is securely housed in a locally-sourced Appalachian hard-wood enclosure and hand-finished aluminum chassis. The circuit boards retain the exact component placement and through-hole design of a beloved 1970’s era Minimoog Model D.
Though no changes have been made to the original sound engine or audio signal path, the Minimoog Model D now includes a series of popular functional modifications that expand this legendary instrument’s sonic capabilities. These modifications include a premium Fatar keybed with velocity and after pressure available via top panel CV jacks, a dedicated analog LFO with triangle and square waveshapes, CV outputs for pitch, gate, velocity and after pressure, basic MIDI integration, and a mixer overload modification, which when engaged, allows the Minimoog Model D to conjure thicker and far more overdriven sounds than before.
NOTE: Due to the complexity of the build process coupled with the demand for other Moog instruments, we are only able to produce a small number of Minimoog Model D units per month.
• 3 vintage Moog oscillators
• Classic Moog low pass ladder filter with resonance
• Analog circuit boards recreated using original designs and component placement
• Custom reissued transistors critical to sound quality and character
• Military spec precision resistors
• Precision Linear System matched JFETs in oscillators
• Classic thermoset, knurled pitch and mod wheels
• CV Modifications: outputs added for Pitch, Aftertouch, Velocity and Gate (Aftertouch and Velocity have dedicated output level attenuators)
• Modulation Modifications: analog Triangle/Square wave LFO and Filter Envelope added as modulation sources, as well as an External Modulation CV input
• Overload Modification: the output of the Minimoog Model D is automatically scaled and fed back to the External Audio Input for instantly available overdrive
• Improved circuit board connectors for touring reliability
• Fatar TP-9 keybed with velocity and aftertouch
• MIDI in, out and thru
Shopping for someone else but not sure what to give them? Give them the gift of choice with a Chicago Music Exchange digital gift certificate, good for anything and everything...
Sold Out - $25.00 $32.99
Wear Our Brand Try our American Apparel crewneck and you'll be feeling snug, comfy, and stylish.
The legendary Shure SM58® vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard...
Subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest gear news and updates.
© 2017 Chicago Music Exchange. All Rights Reserved. 3316 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 525-7773.