MON-SAT: 11-7 | SUN: 11-5 | 888-686-7872
Neck 7.6K, Bridge 8.1K, long A2 magnets.
The flagship pickup that put ThroBak P.A.F. humbucker reproduction pickups on the map. If you want the best of classic A2 50's vintage PAF pickup tone this set delivers but without the low end mud often associated with modern Alnico 2 humbucker pickups. PE magnet wire is wound on the slug coils with the original Gibson Slug 101 winder and screw coils wound on the Leesona 102. The result is a complex tone with articulate clarity of the best PAF pickups of the 50's . A2 vintage clone sand cast magnets, custom milled Michigan hard maple wood spacer, vintage correct two conductor wire and threaded baseplate complete the picture making these the best humbucker pickups with vintage specs. in their class. Step back in time and get the vintage PAF pickups you always wanted today.
ThroBak aged Nickel PAF pickup
• Maximum Vintage Patent Applied For Set Specs. MADE IN USA
• PAF humbucker clone Butyrate bobbins tooled and molded in the USA to vintage specs..
• Coils wound on vintage Leesona 102 and vintage Gibson, Kalamazoo made Slug 101 PAF pickup winder assure unsurpassed vintage winding accuracy.
• Vintage PAF style baseplates tooled and stamped in the USA for ThroBak.
• Vintage PAF style covers stamped in USA and Nickel plated (with no Copper) at the same Kalamazoo shop that plated vintage PAF covers.
• Pole screws with vintage alloys cloned from 50's vintage PAF screw with cold form die tooled for ThroBak. Made in USA.
• Slugs with vintage alloys cut with a vintage Brown and Sharpe automatic screw machine for correct vintage look. Made in USA.
• Vintage Spec. Plain Enamel 42AWG magnet wire made with vintage coating and processes. Made in USA.
• Alnico magnets custom cast in the USA with vintage formulations.
• Vintage correct braided wire. Made in USA.
From LSTN: The properties of Zebra wood are known to provide a clean, full sound with darker overtones. Zebra is a hard wood that possesses a coarse and wavy texture,...
Wear Our Brand Try our American Apparel crewneck and you'll be feeling snug, comfy, and stylish.
In this spectacular full-color deluxe volume, Guitar Aficionado magazine - today's preeminent luxury guitar publication - presents the world's most epic guitars, the stories behind them, and the people who...
The legendary Shure SM58® vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard...
Subscribe to our email newsletter for all the latest gear news and updates.
© 2016 Chicago Music Exchange. All Rights Reserved. 3316 N. Lincoln Ave Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 525-7773.