Step on Zelzah, play one chord, and you’re instantly taken back to a world of classic phaser tones as they were always meant to sound, perfectly voiced, with tons of vibe and pristine audio quality. Vintage four stage and six stage phasing, vibrato, gorgeous flanging and chorus, and new sounds never heard before—all instantly musical with great tone all the way across every dial.Two Effects At Once.
Zelzah’s four stage side gives you a wide array of classic tones ranging from phasing to vibrato, while the six stage side provides phasing, flanging, chorus, and more.
Dial in a chorus on one side and barber pole phaser on other, or a phaser on one side and tremolo on the other. Use the two sides independently or together in a variety of configurations. Zelzah may become the only modulation pedal you keep on your board.True Stereo
Each side of Zelzah is true stereo, meaning that under the hood each half of the pedal actually has two phasers running side by side (two four stage phasers and two six stage phasers).
The LFO offset between the left and right phaser on each side of the pedal can be adjusted, opening up a world of possibilities for creating a huge stereo image with a single pedal.Four Stage Sweep
The four stage side gives you a choice of three phase sweep types: Classic is a single LFO with a warped triangle shape for a familiar vintage sound. Barber can create a seemingly continuous upward or downward sweep, and Envelope allows the phase sweep to be dynamically controlled by your input signal.
Six Stage Sweep
The six stage sweep is carefully tuned, and behaves differently as you change Voice, Depth, and Speed settings. Dial in a slow Chorus and you are getting a true triangle wave sweep, but as you turn the Speed up, the LFO distorts and gets uneven for Leslie type sounds.Six Stage Voice: Groundbreaking New Phaser Algorithm
The Voice knob on the six stage side simultaneously controls over 30 different parameters, all working in harmony for an inspiring musical experience.
Not only do you get thick, juicy, phasing with pure vintage vibe, but as you turn the Voice knob clockwise, our groundbreaking new modified all-pass structure expands the time response of the cascading all-pass filters seamlessly and continuously, adding spaciousness and airiness to the sound.
Explore a range of fresh musical tones that are not merely a mix of phasing and flanging, but actually something entirely new. Turn the Voice knob further for luxurious true flanger effects, and continue to the far end of the range for lush vintage chorus sounds.
There are inspiring musical sounds at every point along the dial, and so many ways to make a sound that is truly yours.Four Stage Mix
The four stage Mix control can be used to dial in a surprisingly wide variety of sounds. With Sweep set to Classic, the Mix control gives you a range from subtle phasing to full-on classic phasing sounds, and then onward to some quite pleasing phase vibrato effects.
With Sweep set to Barber, higher Mix settings with lower Depth settings can get into harmonic tremolo territory, while with Sweep set to Envelope, higher Mix settings can result in interesting pitch shifting effects.Two Pedals In One, Any Way You Like
Want to use both effects at once? There are three ways you can do that! Choose Series and the six stage phaser runs into the four stage, just like two pedals on a pedalboard. Or choose Parallel and your dry signal will be processed by each phaser independently and mixed at the output. Or choose Split and hear the four stage phaser on the left output and the six stage phaser on the right.Sound Design
Our goal was to capture the rich phasing sounds that were introduced in the 1970s that work so beautifully with electric guitar and electric piano. In addition to providing the best possible version of the vintage phaser sounds we grew up with, we also wanted to expand the sonic possibilities in a way that was unique and unexpected for a phaser.
To do that, we developed an architecture that contains a modified all-pass filter as the basis for the 6-stage phaser. A phaser is a filtering effect made up of cascading all-pass filters. There are no delay lines. But with our modified all-pass structure, we are able to expand the time response of the all-pass seamlessly and continuously. On the four stage side, we wanted to provide the classic sounds you expect from a premium four stage phaser, while adding barber sweep and envelope controlled sweep, and a Depth control that is tuned to deliver great phasing sounds even at very shallow settings.Sound Design
Ins, Outs, Switches
- Two independent effects that can be configured and controlled separately and used one at a time or simultaneously in series, parallel, or split configurations
- Vintage 4-stage phaser with three phaser sweep modes: Classic, Barber, and Envelope
- Groundbreaking new 6-stage phaser algorithm with a continuous range from classic pure 6-stage phasing to flanging to chorus, all with adjustable resonance
- True stereo operation means under the hood each half of the pedal has two phasers running side by side (two 4-stage and two 6-stage) with independently adjustable stereo spread for each
- All controls are carefully voiced to produce musically useful sounds at any setting
- Adjustable input level switch to allow for both instrument and line level signals
- Selectable Buffered vs. True Bypass
- Full featured MIDI accessible via TRS supporting MIDI CCs, MIDI clock sync, access to 300 preset locations (requires Strymon MIDI EXP cable or MIDI > TRS interface)
- High impedance TRS input for mono input or stereo input when used with a TRS adapter
- Audio input type switch for selecting mono vs. stereo input
- Individual left and right stereo outputs
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, MiniSwitch, MultiSwitch Plus, or TRS MIDI connection
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide
- uncompromising audio quality
- Super high performance ARM DSP
- 32-bit floating point processing
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp inputs
- Low impedance stereo outputs
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or selectable transparent Analog Buffered
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark purple aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: 9V DC center-negative, with a minimum 300mA of current
- 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall
- 11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall
- Designed and built in the USA