Born to Revolve.
There is something uniquely powerful about the sound of a vintage rotary speaker system. The organic chorusing as the treble horn and bass rotor start speeding up. The grit of the internal tube-driven amplifier, creating additional harmonics that spin around the room. Plug into Lex, close your eyes, and be transported by this classic sound, recreated with astonishing realism and depth for your pedalboard.Complete Rotary Speaker System.
Lex provides you with a complete, accurately reproduced rotary speaker system: the low-frequency bass rotor, the rotating treble horn, the tube-driven amplifier, finely tuned microphone placement, and all the complex sonic interactions between these elements. Powerful, intuitive controls mean you can quickly dial in just the customized sound you desire.Classic Sound, New Features.
Our second generation Lex gives you the same rich rotary sounds of our original and adds significant new features, incorporating technological advancements, hardware improvements and design enhancements to give you additional flexibility, power, and ease of use on stage and in the studio.
- User Interface - A more powerful and intuitive user interface gives you instant control over mic position and distance, dry level, acceleration speed, volume boost/cut, and easy customization of rotor speed. Everything you need for the full rotary speaker experience is at your fingertips.
- MIDI - Full MIDI implementation means you can control just about every switch, knob, and setting remotely by sending MIDI commands from your controller or DAW via Lex’s EXP/MIDI jack or USB-C connection. Rotor speed can be synchronized via MIDI Clock Sync, and the sync setting can be saved for each preset. 300 MIDI preset locations are available for loading and saving your favorite settings.
- Hardware Improvements - A premium analog JFET input circuit ensures superb responsiveness to your playing, and you can select mono or stereo input with the flick of a rear panel switch. All this, plus a new ARM DSP chip provides more processing power for every sonic nuance, with less energy consumption on your pedalboard.
Our goal with Lex was to create the most realistic sounding, flexible rotating speaker effect ever fit within a pedal. As part of that, Lex features a full suite of practical controls to help you shape your rotary tone to your heart’s content.
A major part of that is Lex’s dedicated Horn Level control, which adjusts the output level of the high frequency rotating horn. Turn it up for added output that will help your rotating effect cut through the mix, or dial things back to mellow out Lex’s higher frequencies.
For this new generation of Lex, we’ve added a Dry mix control, which allows you to add more dry mix to your signal for a cleaner, clearer tone — or go full wet, and truly immerse your signal in rotating speaker goodness.
For added flexibility, we’ve also included a Volume knob for control over Lex’s significant +/-6dB boost/cut — perfect for dialing in the best level for a live or studio mix.Mic Controls
The smallest changes in how a rotary speaker is mic’d can have drastic changes on its tone. Lex’s offers you all of the flexibility of different mic setups without ever needing to worry about setting one up.
Want a more pronounced rotary effect? Bring Lex’s stereo mic setup closer for more prominent modulation, or back things up a bit for a further mic setup that brings more ambiance and space to your sound.
A dedicated mic position switch also lets you choose between miking the partially covered front of the rotary speaker for a more diffused tone — or mic the open rear of the cabinet for a cleaner, more direct tone.Speed
Our new generation Lex makes it easier than ever to dial in the speed you need.
Seamlessly shift between a slow or fast rotating speed with the dedicated Slow/Fast switch. Want to bring things to a full stop? Press and hold the Slow/Fast switch to gradually brake the rotary system — and let go to ramp back up to your chosen speed.
Lex’s dedicated Ramp switch lets you choose how fast things slow down and speed back up when changing speeds or when braking the rotary system.
Dialing in your individual slow/fast speeds is simple: press the Slow/Fast footswitch to select your desired setting. From there, adjust the Speed knob to the desired speed for this mode. Press the footswitch again to go back to the other mode and set the Speed knob for that mode. Now Lex will smoothly transition between these two speeds when you alternate Slow/Fast modes.Rotary Brake
Press and hold the Slow/Fast switch to put the brakes on.
The Lex rotary will wind down and stop. When at rest, the horn and drum “brake angle” is optimally positioned for consistent results.
Release the Slow/Fast switch and the rotary system will begin to spin again.Preamp Drive
At the heart of Lex’s rotary speaker is a tube preamp, ready to be pushed to add some grit to your tone.
Lex’s Preamp Drive knob lets you control the drive of the rotary cabinet’s tube preamp and phase inverter stages. Set it to lower settings for a sparkly clean tone, or push things up a little bit to add some tasteful texture to your rotary tone.Secondary Functions
In order to keep Lex’s user interface as simple as possible while giving you as many powerful features as we can, we’ve included some unique Live Edit secondary functions for added tonal flexibility for just about any possible setup.Cab Filter
Want to run Lex directly into an audio interface, mixer, or full range speakers instead of a guitar amp? Lex’s Cab Filter Live Edit setting lets you do just that by tailoring the speaker cab filter response for use specifically with those types of systems, giving you a fuller tone when not using a guitar amp.Bi-Amp Mode
Need to split things up? Bi-Amp Mode splits the output of Lex’s woofer and horn signal by sending only the horn signal to the left output and the woofer signal to the right output. This handy Live Edit setting works great if you want to apply specific effects to just the lower frequencies of Lex, or individually track or mix Lex’s two distinct speakers.Ins, Outs, and Switches
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET TRS stereo input.
- Low impedance independent TS stereo outputs.
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of a TRS expression pedal, MiniSwitch,
- MultiSwitch Plus, or TRS MIDI connection.
- USB jack for controlling via MIDI from a computer or for performing firmware updates.
- Dedicated Slow/Fast rotary speed & On/Off footswitches
- Premium JFET analog front end
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters provide uncompromising audio quality
- 520MHz ARM Superscalar processor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Audio Input Impedance: 1M Ohm
- Audio Output Impedance: 100 Ohm
- Strong and lightweight anodized brown aluminum chassis
- 9V DC power supply included
- Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC center-negative, with a minimum of 300mA of current.
- Dimensions: 4.5” deep x 4” wide x 1.75” tall