Introducing Synergy Core - Antelope Audio's next generation signal processing platform. Using FPGA's massive parallel computation capabilities and industry-standard DSP power combined, Synergy Core frees up your CPU while processing your FX with extremely low latency.
2x DSP + 1x FPGA chips let the Discrete 8 Synergy Core handle up to 8 FX channel strips X 8 FX slots each for a maximum of 64 FX instances at any sample rate. That's eight times the processing power of the Discrete 8 Basic.
36 Synergy Core FX Included
- Offload FX processing to reduce buffer size, record with sub-millisecond latency & monitor in real-time.
- FPGA dynamically recreates studio effects & mic models on the circuit and component level.
- Industry-standard DSP brings a wider variety of effects to an efficient real-time, low-latency platform.
- Improves your computer’s stability when handling CPU-heavy synths, samplers and FX.
- Future-proof and configurable architecture lets us design each product for optimal performance.
- FPGA eliminates the issue of latency stacking which is common with DSP-only units.
Adding further value to your investment, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core includes a compelling library of 36 real-time studio effects, meticulously modelled after their hardware originals. It’s all happening inside your audio interface with the lowest latency possible thanks to FPGA’s massive parallel computing capabilities, DSP processing, and fast Thunderbolt™ connectivity. The library can be expanded to include any effects you choose from our web store.
8 Discrete transistor preamps
The Discrete 8 Synergy Core features unique 6-transistor discrete preamps for console-grade sound quality. The circuit is the outcome of an extensive study of legendary microphone preamps that shaped the sounds of countless records. We consider it a “modern classic”. It is crafted with our Edge & Verge family of modeling condenser mics in mind. With their characteristics perfectly complemented by the preamp design and Synergy Core technology, a new level of microphone recording is achieved.Mic modeling ready
The Discrete 8 Synergy Core’s Accusonic 3D modeling engine lets you transform the Antelope Audio Edge and Verge modeling microphones into expensive-sounding vintage replicas. Shape the final sound with complete control over proximity effect and change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and rare microphones as you monitor and record live, bringing out the musician’s finest performance.Class-leading monitor DAC
Instead of recycling outdated technology, we strive to use the latest innovations. With up to 130dB of dynamic range at the monitoring stage you can mix with confidence, enjoying exceptional detail and instrument separation. Combined with a state-of-the-art preamp design and our acclaimed clocking technology, recording with the Discrete 8 Synergy Core makes your voice and instruments sound lush, bold, and expansive.Acoustically focused clocking
The pioneer of atomic clocking in pro audio, Antelope Audio incorporates 20+ years of clocking expertise in its audio interfaces. With the proprietary 64-bit AFC jitter management algorithm, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core delivers the kind of artifact-free audio once accessible only to the most prestigious studios.Unparalleled connectivity
With an abundance of analog & digital connectivity, as well as both USB & Thunderbolt ports for computer connection, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core presents more options than any DSP-equipped interface out there. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on DB25, a pair of monitor outputs, two reamp outputs, two headphone outputs and S/PDIF are at your disposal. Digital expandability is possible via 2 × ADAT I/O chaining. A Word Clock input allows for syncing the Discrete 8 Synergy Core with other gear, while three Word Clock outputs let you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio.Attention to detail
Housed in a machined aluminum chassis, each unit is hand-built in our European facility to strict standards, component choices and quality control. This kind of attention to detail is typically reserved only for boutique-class products.Analog & Digital Connectivity
Clocking & Conversion
- 8 x 14 Rackmount audio interface with Thunderbolt & USB connection for Mac/Windows;
- Eight Discrete console-grade 6-transistor preamps on combo XLR jacks for professional recordings. All work as microphone/line inputs, and two of them are Hi-Z compatible;
- Eight DC-coupled analog output channels over a D-Sub 25 connector;
- Two reamp outputs on TRS ¼ jacks for further amp processing of guitar signal
- Thunderbolt 2 (up to 32 channels) and USB 2.0 (up to 24 channels) ports for native DAW application with custom macOS & Windows drivers;
- Digitally expandable over ADAT (up to 16 channels) and SPDIF (up to 2 channels);
- Three word clock outputs letting you distribute the interface’s highly stable clock signal across your studio and a word clock input allowing you to sync the Discrete 8 Synergy Core with other gear.
- Footswitch input that can be used as a single footswitch (on 1/4” TS jack) to control the dim function and a dual footswitch to control both the talkback and dim functions;
- Two headphone outputs;
- A pair of monitor outputs;
Onboard Real-Time Effects
- Proprietary 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking technology for increased width, separation, and detail in musical performances;
- Proprietary Jitter Management algorithm delivering truthful and expanded soundstage;
- Ultra-accurate A/D and D/A conversion ensuring lush, bold, & expansive recordings and reproduction of your instruments and vocals.
- Collection of 36 analog-modeled effects featuring classic as well as rare compressors, EQs, mic preamps, and guitar amps and cabs;
- 2×DSP, 1×FPGA Synergy Core proprietary onboard real-time platform for effects processing with imperceptible latency;
- Up to 64 effects instances per session loaded simultaneously on 8 individual virtual racks.
- Simplified routing - switch audio sources per channel based on a drop-down menu sequence;
- Easily adjust the monitor mixes for the monitor output and separate headphone mix that can be split into individual cue mixes and sub-mixes while applying pan, reverb, other effects and stereo link;
- Customizable presets complete with signal routing, level adjustments, mixer settings and sub-mixes;
- Direct hardware monitoring with effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency;
- Easily accessible front-panel talkback with built-in microphone;
- Front panel with independent headphone and monitor volume knobs and buttons for frequency adjustment, and hands-on control of core parameters. Hardware relay-based gain knobs for each preamp, plus mode control (mic/line/Hi-Z) via push sequence;
- Option to work without being connected to a computer (standalone operation);
- Wireless control of software features from a separate computer connected to the same network.