Expanding the Jazz Bass into a five-string model, Fender’s American Professional Jazz Bass V features a host of modern advancements like V-Mod single-coil pickups designed by Michael Bump, slim “modern C” neck shape, genuine bone nut, narrow tall frets, Posiflex graphite neck supports, and new fluted-shaft tuning machines.
About Fender American Professional Series:
Founded by Leo Fender in 1938 as Fender’s Radio Service, what is now the Fender Musical Instruments Corporation began making electric guitars and amplifiers in 1945. The rest, as they say, is history. Creator of the world’s first mass-produced, and by far most popular, solid-bodied electric, Fender is now the world’s leading guitar manufacturer.
An extension of Fender’s flagship line of iconic electric guitars like the Stratocaster, Telecaster, Jaguar, Jazzmaster, and Jazz and Precision basses, the Fender American Professional series represents Fender’s diligent pursuit of perfection through reinvention. Revitalizing the American Standard series models with novel features like new neck profiles, fret sizing, genuine bone nuts, and pickup sets, American Pro is American Standard evolved.
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, “Slim C”
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Finish on Front of Neck with Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5 Inch (241mm)
- Frets: 20, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.875” (47.6mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Scale Length: 34” (864mm)
- Bridge: 5-saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)Pickguard: 3-Ply Ming Green Pickguard
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: N/A
- Controls: Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: .045-125
- Case: Elite Molded Hardshell Case I