Friedman PHIL X Signature EL34 Head
Session and touring guitarist Phil X is the go-to guy for heavyweights like Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Bon Jovi, Avril Lavigne, and Tommy Lee. Phil is particular about his tone to say the least and would settle for nothing less than perfection when collaborating with a builder for his new signature amp. Enter Dave Friedman; sound architect to some of rock’s most recognizable superstar names and their iconic tones.
To satisfy wild man Phil X’s thirst for sonic superiority, Friedman served up a single channel 100-watt beast simply dubbed the Friedman Phil X. This EL34 powered rock machine is more than just a guitar amp – it is the sound dreams are made of. This versatile amp will allow you to go from a dynamic clean tone to a crunchy rhythm sound by merely rolling on the guitar’s volume knob. Take it to the stratosphere by kicking in the foot-switchable boost for a searing lead tone. The front panel also features a gain structure switch to further dial in your sound. Combine all that with a handy line out and the ultra transparent series effects loop, and you’ve just punched your ticket to aural nirvana.
The hand crafted in the USA, Phil X head, features black Tolex encasing the tongue and groove Baltic Birch construction and is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
- 100-Watt All Tube Head
- Single Channel
- Handwired in the USA
- 4 x EL-34 ower tubes
- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
- Two master volumes and one gain control
- Full EQ consisting of bass, middle, treble and presence
- Gain switches varies the global gain structure of the amp
- Switch to select high and low voltage (think variac)
- Line out with level control
- Ultra transparent series FX loop
- 4, 8 and 16 ohm Impedance selector switch
- Custom USA made transformers
- Single button footswitch with LED
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Dimensions: 8.75" (D) x 29.25" (W) x 12.25" (H)
- Weight: 43 lbs.