Pettyjohn Electronics CHIME MKII Overdrive
The Pettyjohn CHIME MKII is a major update to our signature low-medium gain overdrive. Since it’s release nearly three years ago the CHIME has become our most popular pedal to-date and gained somewhat of a cult following. The CHIME has been loved for its ability to sweeten your signal with the touch sensitivity of vintage english amps on the edge of break up. The sweet saturation and harmonic excitement ends up being always-on for many players.
Let’s start by saying everything we love about the CHIME has been preserved. Our team listened to feedback from players and dealers alike and then sharpened our pencils and set out to improve one of our favorite pedals. Through much toil we believe we have taken this pedal to the next level both sonically and functionally.
- High voltage power! 36 Volts of internal power from standard 9v adaptor (300mA)
- Relay Quiet Bypass switching system
- Soft touch switch with totally quiet switching and auto-bypass when power is off
- High Pass Filter mini knob
- Clipping mix knob, blend between Germanium and LED clipping
- Increased headroom and lower noise on all stages
- Active output level control for no tone loss
- Discrete Opamp upgrade option. Upgrade to CHIME MKII Deluxe and the input and output stages become powered with our Studio Grade 990 style discrete opamp for extra clarity and depth
- Knobs and Labels. Easier to read on stage
- Foundry Series MKII custom enclosure with in-set screws
- Box and circuit handmade in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
- Dimensions: 2.75”W x 4.75”L x 2.5” H
- Weight: 2 lbs