Wampler Plexi Drive Deluxe
With a brand new fully active 3 band EQ (active meaning it actually boosts or takes away frequencies, unlike regular EQ stacks that only takes away) - the level of control you have over your tone is phenomenal. Add in a updated gain stage that feels and responds even more like the amps that inspired it… but, the thing that caused the biggest stir when previewed at NAMM last week, was the TS based pre gain boost. Applying just the right amount of increased gain with the perfect mid-range hump, the tone of the pedal goes into the most exciting place you can imagine, the increased compression, sustain and power that comes from this is unbelievable. So, with the boost and the already amazing response you get from the volume pot and playing attack, there isn’t a lot of places this pedal can’t take you in regard to a M.I.A.B. tone! Brian has always taken care to tweak the bass boost switch, so it’s really feels effective – some say it’s a 2x12” to 4x12”, others say it’s “open back” and “closed back” - all I know is that it sounds great in both positions! We also added the Wampler classic bright boost switch, so if you are playing with an AC30 or a Peavey Classic, you can tweak the pedal to get the right sound according to your equipment
- Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Power draw: 22mA
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Pre gain TS style boost for adding that lil' extra
3 band active EQ: Bass, middle and treble.
- Bass and bright boosts switchs for increased versatility
- 3.5” x 4.5” x 1.5" in size (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) - height excludes knobs and switches