My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
CME Gear Demo: Teenage Engineering OP-Z
Evan "The Intern" Skorepa shows us how to scratch the surface of the OP-Z, and get started making sequences on-the-fly.
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is the next-generation iteration of the brand's iconic micro-magical synthesizer, the OP-1. The OP-Z builds on its predecessor, without sacrificing much other than a screen.
The OP-Z is more compact, yet just as user friendly and enjoyable to play as the OP-1, while offering a few new tricks not previously found on the OP-1. It boasts a 16 track sequencer and an 8-engine synthesizer, in addition to 16 banks of samples, each containing 24 samples. With all the pre-loaded goodies the OP-Z has to offer, it's hard to imagine that a user would need much else in terms of sounds, however, the OP-Z also lets users import their own samples for truly unbridled creativity.
In addition to its wide breadth of tonal options, the OP-Z boasts an impressive amount of punch-in effects. Commonly found on TE's Pocket Operators. These effects manipulate your tracks at the sample or synthesizer level, and can be recorded into a sequence, or just enjoyed live and on-the-fly.
The OP-Z is a standalone wunderkind capable of creating compelling live performances and one of the most enjoyable sequencing experiences found in modern musical instruments. The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is truly a look into the furture of portable electronic music creation.
- Advanced 16-track synthesizer and sequencer
- Independent length and speed for each sequencer track
- Supports audio, MIDI, and Trg Track sequencing
- Supports image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing
- 160 user-programmable patterns, with endless pattern chaining
- Modular effects architecture
- Choose from 14 Step Components to alter the behavior of any individual sequence track step
- Completely portable with next-gen rechargeable battery and built-in mic
- Free OP-Z iOS app allows you to pair an iOS device for use as a screen and graphics processor
- Compatible with any iOS device that is Apple Metal Graphics Certified
- Equipped with Analog Devices Blackfin 70X DSP and Cirrus Logic audio co-processor with 24-bit/48kHz DAC 6-axis motion sensor (g-force) can be assigned to any synthesizer parameter
- Includes USB C to USB A cable for charging and control
When it comes to a signature slide, we can think of few people more deserving than our own Nathaniel Murphy. So we couldn’t be happier to share with you The...Read more