My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
CME Gear Demo: Teenage Engineering OP-Z
Evan "The Intern" Skorepa shows us how to scratch the surface of the OP-Z, and get started making sequences on-the-fly.
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is the next-generation iteration of the brand's iconic micro-magical synthesizer, the OP-1. The OP-Z builds on its predecessor, without sacrificing much other than a screen.
The OP-Z is more compact, yet just as user friendly and enjoyable to play as the OP-1, while offering a few new tricks not previously found on the OP-1. It boasts a 16 track sequencer and an 8-engine synthesizer, in addition to 16 banks of samples, each containing 24 samples. With all the pre-loaded goodies the OP-Z has to offer, it's hard to imagine that a user would need much else in terms of sounds, however, the OP-Z also lets users import their own samples for truly unbridled creativity.
In addition to its wide breadth of tonal options, the OP-Z boasts an impressive amount of punch-in effects. Commonly found on TE's Pocket Operators. These effects manipulate your tracks at the sample or synthesizer level, and can be recorded into a sequence, or just enjoyed live and on-the-fly.
The OP-Z is a standalone wunderkind capable of creating compelling live performances and one of the most enjoyable sequencing experiences found in modern musical instruments. The Teenage Engineering OP-Z is truly a look into the furture of portable electronic music creation.
- Advanced 16-track synthesizer and sequencer
- Independent length and speed for each sequencer track
- Supports audio, MIDI, and Trg Track sequencing
- Supports image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing
- 160 user-programmable patterns, with endless pattern chaining
- Modular effects architecture
- Choose from 14 Step Components to alter the behavior of any individual sequence track step
- Completely portable with next-gen rechargeable battery and built-in mic
- Free OP-Z iOS app allows you to pair an iOS device for use as a screen and graphics processor
- Compatible with any iOS device that is Apple Metal Graphics Certified
- Equipped with Analog Devices Blackfin 70X DSP and Cirrus Logic audio co-processor with 24-bit/48kHz DAC 6-axis motion sensor (g-force) can be assigned to any synthesizer parameter
- Includes USB C to USB A cable for charging and control
The Fender CS Electric XII Journeyman Relic Super Super Aged Olympic White RW Master Built by Carlos Lopez is one of few Electric XIIs Fender has released since its discontinuation...Read more
Another stateside exclusive hits the Chicago Music Exchange! The Squier Classic Vibe '60s Stratocaster highlights what makes Squier's Classic Vibe series so impressive, with period-inspired reproductions sporting spot-on looks, playable...Read more
Designed by Anderton’s UK and for sale stateside exclusively through the Chicago Music Exchange, this Squier FSR Classic Vibe ‘60s Jazzmaster highlights the comfortable design, playable specs, and modernized pickup...Read more