The latest edition of our award-winning Piano series is equipped with dual piano engines, dual sample synths and twice the memory of the previous generation.
With the combination of a premium Triple Sensor keybed and our exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, the portable Nord Piano 5 delivers an exceptional playing experience.PERFORMANCETwo independent Pianos and Sample Synths
The Piano and Sample Synth sections of the Nord Piano 5 each contain two independent Layers. The two Pianos and two Sample Synths can be used simultaneously in a variety of split or Layer configurations. Combined with the versatile effects routing, a wide range of combinations can be achieved - from classic ensemble settings to rich soundscapes. The LED equipped Level controls allow for quick and precise balancing of all Layer volume levels. A Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal can be assigned to each Layer. Live focused design
The Nord Piano 5 has dedicated dials and buttons for full hands-on control during a live performance. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished instantly. Seamless Transitions
The Nord Piano 5 features seamless transitions for glitch free changing of sounds or programs while playing.PIANO SECTION
The powerful Piano section features two piano engines that can be used simultaneously in a layer or a split. 9 Grands, 9 Uprights, 10 Electric Pianos and much more
The Nord Piano 5 factory bank contains 9 Grands, 9 Uprights, 10 Enhanced Electric Pianos, Clavinet, Digital Pianos, Marimba, Vibraphone and much more from the exclusive Nord Piano Library - all carefully selected for their unique character! Nord’s state-of-the-art sampling technology capture the extraordinary nuances and real character of the source instruments. Our exclusive Nord Piano Library is regularly updated with unique world class sounds, and always free of charge. All sounds are easily replaced using the Nord Sound Manager.Advanced String Resonance
Our unique Advanced String Resonance accurately reproduces the complex interplay of the piano strings and also adds the rich ambience of a real piano when playing with the pedal down. Nord Triple Pedal with Dynamic Pedal Noise
The Nord Triple Pedal includes Soft and Sostenuto Pedals in addition to a unique Dynamic Sustain Pedal. The Triple Pedal also enables our Pedal Noise feature that dynamically simulates the mechanical sounds of lifting and releasing the damper mechanism.Creative Piano Filters
The dedicated piano filters provide an additional level of sonic control, accentuating softness, mid or brilliance for the acoustic uprights and grands. The electric pianos have tailored filters that even include emulations of the legendary Dyno preamp.Soft Release
A Soft Release-mode adds a slightly longer release, more suitable for legato playing, emulating a looser damper tension in an acoustic or an electromechanical instrument.Dynamic Curves
3 dynamic curves are available to suit your playing style, from heavy to light.SAMPLE SYNTH SECTION
Two brand independent Sample Synths with greatly expanded memory and a host of sounds.
The Sample Synth Section is based on an entirely format and contains a wide range of entirely sounds, such as solo wind, solo brass, solo strings, basses, guitars plus a vast collection of classic analog leads and basses. Included is also a selection of samples from the Symphobia and Swing! libraries by ProjectSAM. All sounds can be quickly replaced using the Nord Sound Manager . You can also create your own sample instruments using the unique free Nord Sample Editor software for Mac and Windows.
The Sample Synth section provides two fully-featured and independent Layers and is equipped with intuitive controls for attack, decay/release and dynamic velocity response. The Soft and Bright Timbre settings provide a quick way of shaping the tone of the sound.Unison, Tru-Vibrato and more
The sample format in the Piano 5 offers several exciting features. Unison creatively blends several sample voices for rich, ensemble-like sounds, “Tru-Vibrato” accurately models the unique vibrato characteristics of a wide variety of wind, brass and string instruments and round robin allows natural sounding fast repetitions. In addition synth sounds are available as monophonic samples with legato. Three delay settings optimized for both acoustic instruments and analog synth sounds are available. EFFECT SECTION
The Effect section has a wide selection of instantly tweakable high quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes. An effect can be assigned freely to any layer in the Piano and Sample Synth section.
- Mod 1 - Pan, Tremolo,
- Wah-wah and Ring Modulator. All these can be controlled with a Control Pedal.
- Mod 2 - Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Vibe effect and two selectable depths for each effect.
- Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button and Ping Pong mode. The Delay can be assigned globally to all four Layers.
- Equalizer - Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. The EQ can be assigned globally to all four Layers.
- Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Compressor and a Tube Overdrive effect.
- Reverb section with five different sizes (Booth, Room, Stage, Hall and Cathedral) for adding ambience to your sounds. The Bright and Dark modes allows for enhanced or reduced treble. The Chorale option adds a lush modulation effect.
Connect an optional expression pedal for hands free control of volume and effects. Monitor Input
Connect a second Nord keyboard or any other audio source to the rear panel Monitor Input and play along a track without worrying about an external mixer or a sound system. The signal is routed to the main outputs and the headphones output.General
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- 73-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Advanced Layering (2 Pianos + 2 Sample Synths)
- Advanced KB Split with optional crossfades
- Seamless Transitions
- OLED display for excellent overview
- 2 independent Piano Layers
- 2x memory for Nord Piano Library
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Creative Piano Timbre options including Dyno filter
- 3 Dynamic Curves to suit any playing style
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 2 independent Sample Synth Layers
- 2x memory for Nord Sample Library
- Soft and Bright filters
- Unison for rich, ensemble sounds
- Tru-Vibrato for authentic vibrato
- Round robin for natural sounding repetitions
- Support for monophonic samples with legato
- Attack, Decay/Release and Dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Chorale and Bright/Dark mode
- Delay with Ping Pong mode