Seymour Duncan Vise Grip Compressor Pedal v2
Seymour Duncan Vise Grip
The Vise Grip is a studio-grade compressor that gives you unprecedented control over compressed and uncompressed signals at the same time for both classic and bold new sounds.
The Vise Grip is a compressor with a twist: its Mid/Full/High Switch works together with the Blend control to let through the complete dry tone, or just the highs or mids along with your compressed signal. Use it to express more of your playing dynamics even when the compression is at its squishiest. Use it to boost the mids for soloing. Use it to retain crystal-clear high-end on jangly chords or to add upper-end detail when you use two-handed tapping techniques. Or use it to play above the compression threshold to bring the natural snap back to individual notes or a riff when you really dig in. In other words, it’s a compressor that doesn’t tie you to the rules of compression. It can also do everything other compressors can: it has Attack, Volume and Sustain controls to tame loud volume peaks, boost low-level signals, add a smooth Motown feel to clean rhythms, put more confidence in your legato licks, more crunch in your metal tones and more twang in your country pickin’. And it’s studio-quality, so you can can use it as an insert effect when you’re recording other instruments like acoustic guitar, drums, keys or vocals.
- General Description – A low noise, low distortion soft-knee compressor/sustainer pedal with very wide-range compression, exceptional sustain, and simple, intuitive control of compressor dynamics.
- Compression Ratio: Soft-knee, adjustable from 1:1 to > 20:1
- Maximum Compressor Gain: +50dB
- Attack Speed: Adjustable from 2.0ms to 50ms
- Input Impedance: 1 Megohm
- Output Impedance: 2.75K ohms maximum
- Maximum Input Level: 3 Vrms
- Distortion: < 0.3% at 300mV RMS output at 1 kHz
- Noise referred to Input: -110dBV, 400 Hz – 20 kHz, input shorted
- Compressor Type: Voltage Controlled Amplifier (VCA)
- Power: 9V battery or 9V to 18 Vdc regulated adapter, center pin negative polarity
- Current Consumption: 21mA operate, 19mA bypass
- Dimensions: 2.60" w